Sunday, May 29, 2005

A musical interlude

How many of you listen to Beck?



in a few words: brilliant, unpredictable, innovative, cheesy, poprockfunk all rolled into one. I really dig his Midnight Vultures album as well, but i never got round to checking out Seachange. Maybe I should! One thing I admire and respect about Beck as an artist is that he doesn't seem to be afraid that people might not like his constant revamping of genre for each of his albums, he just does it.. but hey, as far as I'm concerned he has managed to pull it off. Right now, Odelay's keeping me upbeat and awake, and the rhythmic pulses of the songs are actually helping me to focus on the essay that should have been completed some time back.

Ok, focus. I know I am a barrel of laughs contradiction but i want to blog this music-magic moment because i am inspired to.

Was reading Mr Brown's: there was some get-together session for Singapore bloggers. Sounds like most people had a good time but I wondered if I was invited and actually attended the event, whether it would be tantamount to meeting someone whom you chatted with and got to know in IRC.eeyer.Like how would it go man? "Hi, i am xxx from xxx.blogspot.com!" Would you introduce yourself according to your online persona/identity? I think, most probably so. Because i am sure as heck if i went,"Hi, I'm Sylvy." i would get some blank look or that of fake recognition. On second thought, if i went, "Hi, i'm the blogger of Laundrydays", guess what? NO ONE would know either!Maybe because no one reads me blog...:-(

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I also read your blog what.

Aiyah. Doesn't matter what blog you have or how much traffic you get. The gathering wasn't even planned, and no one was really invited. People just spontaneously showed up, and it was fun.

And yeah, we tended to remember each other by blog names, haha.

:)

2:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares free counter