Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Today,

I sat for what might possibly be the very last examination I will ever sit for. Next semester? Nay mate, all of my units other than Communications are English, and there are no exams for upper-level English.

What a privilege and joy, to be able to competently handle(possibly)the last of my life!:-)I actually finished answering the questions in good timing, with the last 10 minutes free to re-read and check my answers! Never before in all of my uni exams has such a miracle occurred. Hoohoo. I'm glad I took Pop culture, the overall experience was that of good, clean learning and quite frankly without meaning to sound boastful, a breeze :-).Amen.

~selah~

It's been a tough semester,which I find really ironic because i have less work, supposedly, due to one less unit. Due to no one's fault but my own, I will not get my three Distinctions and will very likely flunk one of my units, which happens to be an English unit that contributes to my major. Again, no thanks to a certain unit coordinator who..really really really is weird (and a Queenslander to boot), and who has considerably humbled me greatly by giving me marks that are shockingly terrible (read: i flunked my essay that is worth FIFTY PER CENT, got 46%).

Humbled. Subdued. Despondent.

Yet strangely relieved, inspired and light of heart. Heh.

I mean how bad can things get from here? True, the prospect of actually FAILING sucks but... its not like I have never failed before, and picked myself up and moved on. Yes, flunking English seems like a dream (or nightmare) to me, considering the fact I have been performing reasonably well since the beginning of my uni education.

*lets long sigh out*

ohhhh weeelll. cliche as it sounds, life goes on and shit happens.

I am savouring and nursing this moment of inner peace because more often than not, I have a tendency to mutilate myself mentally and spiritually by sinking into a black depression that can only be lifted when I get worn out from hitting myself against the wall repeatedly and when the bleeding gets too much. Ok, i'm kidding about hitting myself and bleeding but yeh, I don't really cut myself much slack but at the same time remain impossibly lazy, so much so that even getting an early headstart somehow drags into a last-minute frenzy because my brain has been conditioned into producing creative surges under extreme stress and pressure.

And IF i flunk sex bodies spaces, I get to do, oh yipee yay, ANOTHER English unit next semester! This means I will be able to do the Theatre unit that I would not be able to do unless i drop another English unit that I am enrolled for which is pretty dull in comparision (How exciting can Professional Writing get you tell me?!) but seems like a useful unit to take, in relation to my Communications degree.

The prospect of failure has never seemed so promising. ;P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares free counter