Goodbye,
Anna Nicole Smith.
I remember you as a blue-hued siren, with luscious locks that graced Guess? paperbags. I remember coveting such a paperbag, because it was all the rage to bring to school paperbags belonging to big fashion brands. It was a subtle boast and reflection of one's fashion sense and trendiness.
I never shopped at Guess? because I never had enough money to do so, being a mere fourteen years of age. But somehow, I managed to get my hands on one such paperbag. I used it, and re-used it until its edges had little white wrinkles of tear and its handle needed re-stringing.
But you were a symbol of the fashion industries of the 90s, you were. Guess? and its rustic, country cowboy/girl style was given its edginess because of you, you in nothing but a pair of ripped jeans with that familar triangular logo on the back pocket.
I don't know you. And it is sad that you didn't either.
Rest in peace.
I remember you as a blue-hued siren, with luscious locks that graced Guess? paperbags. I remember coveting such a paperbag, because it was all the rage to bring to school paperbags belonging to big fashion brands. It was a subtle boast and reflection of one's fashion sense and trendiness.
I never shopped at Guess? because I never had enough money to do so, being a mere fourteen years of age. But somehow, I managed to get my hands on one such paperbag. I used it, and re-used it until its edges had little white wrinkles of tear and its handle needed re-stringing.
But you were a symbol of the fashion industries of the 90s, you were. Guess? and its rustic, country cowboy/girl style was given its edginess because of you, you in nothing but a pair of ripped jeans with that familar triangular logo on the back pocket.
I don't know you. And it is sad that you didn't either.
Rest in peace.

1 Comments:
yaa. Not blog worthy enough meh?:P
Post a Comment
<< Home